Patient Medical Records Information
All patient medical records are kept by the hospital system. Full information on how to access or request patient records can be found at their site here https://sahealth.com/healthcare-professionals/for-doctors/request-medical-records.dot. The instructions from this site pertinent to obtaining the medical records for GSEP visits are copied below for your convenience:
Access your patient records online: MyHealthOne Portal. MyHealthOne consolidates many common tasks into one secure, easy-to-use online patient portal. It gives you access to most of your medical records on your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone 24 hours a day. *Note that some medical records may only be available through our hospital Medical Records office.
For a recorded message about how to obtain medical records, call one of these Medical Records Department:
- 210-575-4128 fax # 210-581-4921 Methodist Hospital
- 210-575-4128 fax # 210-581-4921 Methodist Children’s Hospital
- 210-638-3900 fax # 210-638-3884 Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
- 210-575-8100 fax # 210-581-4921 Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
- 210-757-2984 fax # 210-757-2160 Metropolitan Methodist Hospital at the Quarry
- For Methodist Hospital / Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, you may also fax your request for records to HealthPort at 210-581-4921.
Request Paper Copy of Medical Records. To request medical records of past hospital stays or surgeries in a Methodist Healthcare facility and to ensure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy regulations, please fill out the form below.
Forms must be printed out, completed, signed by the patient and submitted along with a copy of the patient’s driver’s license. You can mail a copy of the completed Authorization Form with your driver’s license to:
San Antonio Shared Service Center
6000 Northwest Parkway #124
San Antonio, Texas 78249
Follow up on a request: If you previously mailed or faxed a request to the facility or HealthPort please contact HealthPort at 210-581-4585 opt 3 to follow up on the status of your request.
- Appointment with a physician: The physician’s office may fax a request to the HIM department for lab, x-ray and items needed for your appointment. The request is processed electronically directly to that office. The patient does NOT need to come to the facility. Ask the physician’s office to request records by fax.
- Insurance purposes: The insurance company can mail a request to the facility and pay the copying fees.
- Personal use: An authorization for release form and a copy of your driver’s license or valid international government issued identification such as a passport can be sent to the HealthPort address listed above. Some facilities do not release copies of records at the facility. A fee per page will be incurred for this request.
- Court: The same process will be followed as with a request for personal use. Remember to allow plenty of time to get the records by mail from HealthPort. A fee will be incurred for this request.
- Attorney: Attorneys may send a request with required patient authorization to the facility which will be forwarded to HealthPort at the address listed above. You may also mail your attorney’s request for records to HealthPort.
- Records of a family member that has passed away: HealthPort will need a copy of the death certificate with your name listed as next of kin, authorization of release form and copy of your driver’s license or valid international government issued identification such as a passport. If you are submitting an international death certificate, it must be translated into English and notarized. A fee will be incurred for this request.